FA 3600 blog, Writing for New Media. Spring 2010

Go to Project 1, an informational website on Paid Time Off in the U.S.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Avatar


Well I hate to jump on the bandwagon of Avatar lovers, but I can't help it. It truly is a fantastic film. The look and feel of James Cameron's fantasy world, Pandora, is something that I have never seen before on a screen. The verisimilitude and cinematography of this distant alien world captures you from the beginning and takes you on a ride like none other. I saw this film in 3D which was a good decision, making the colors and effects come to life even more. If you haven't seen this movie yet, I suggest you get yourself down to the theaters asap as the experience of seeing it at home compared to the big screen isn't even comparable. Don't be worried about the almost three hour length either because the plot is well balanced and keeps the viewer engaged.
Besides the great look of the flick, the story also has power in it is well. The many ups and downs with a slight twist of a love takes the audience on a journey that somehow results in cheering the aliens on to defeat our own human race.
Watch the preview.

4 comments:

  1. Great blog, MarkyMark. I'm in your FA 3600 class, and I also started a film blog (www.bigscreensnobs.blogspot.com). You did some great things with your blog here. I think that your layout is clean and easy to follow, and I LOVE the link to the preview that you included in your review. I might have to borrow that idea for myself....

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in your FA class as well and must say I'm completely with you on your film reviews so far. I happened to see Teenage Paparazzo at Sundance this year as well and Avatar just blew me away. Can't wait to see what you review next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of the few people, probably on this earth that has not yet taken the time to go and see Avatar. I am a typical college student with what seems like a million things on my plate at one time. I am actually going to the film this weekend because my future mother-in-law has made a donation for us to attend. It should be fun, and from the review you have left, I am sure I will not be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright, I have finally joined the billions of people who have seen Avatar, and I have to say that is was one of the most incredible movies I have ever seen in a theatre. I was blown away by the amazing story line, the impressive character development, the exciting portions with explosions and death-defying heights. It was truly amazing and I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't been. I can't wait for it to come out on dvd so I can watch it over and over and over again. I may have to go out and get myself a blueray DVD player just for that movie. It was GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete