FA 3600 blog, Writing for New Media. Spring 2010

Go to Project 1, an informational website on Paid Time Off in the U.S.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Wolfman


I'm not sure if this is a film for everyone, but I was excited to go see this movie when I heard it came out because werewolf movies have always fascinated/scared me (probably started when I got chased by some werewolf type things when I was little in the middle of the night). Although it was fairly entertaining, I was expecting it to be better and walked away slightly disappointed.
With the cast that this flick had, the movie has great expectations that just weren't met. The story could have been spiced up a little more and the acting could have been better. However, I was way into the new wolfman look that is way better than the 1941 original. Take a look as the difference between the two. OLD NEW
I like the different approach to the werewolf look that resembles more of a man than a wolf like the Underworld movies do (a great trilogy). The first half of the movie is intense as you don't get a good look at the creature for quite some time. They build it up a lot but then I think they possibly ruin the image somewhat by showing it too much in the end of the movie. I also couldn't help but thinking that it resembled an evil version of Beast from the third X-men movie.
Mentionable Cast
Benicio Del Toro
Anthony Hopkins
Emily Blunt
Hugo Weaving
Watch the Trailer

1 comment:

  1. I liked this when I saw it in theatres. I thought they did a good job of keeping it a no frills wolfman story (except the whole mom business, that was kinda lame). Plus, the violence was craaaazzy.

    ReplyDelete