FA 3600 blog, Writing for New Media. Spring 2010

Go to Project 1, an informational website on Paid Time Off in the U.S.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Buried


Oh man!
Was this flick intense or what. The entire movie uses one actor and one location. Ryan Reynolds took the lead (and only) role for this unique film. He gets buried alive and is left with a cell phone, lighter, and pocket knife. Reynolds was fantastic in this role. He displays more human emotion in 90 minutes than most humans go through in a lifetime. Out of the four Sundance movies I saw this year, this was my favorite. There's no way I could write a script that would keep the audience entertained and full of suspense with only using one location and actor, but they pulled off this feat somehow. It was a great experience as the movie's power instantly made me feel claustrophobic and short of air from the start and left me sitting on the edge of my seat by the end.
I've heard that this movie has now been picked up by a major company and will make into theaters sometime this year. Go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment