FA 3600 blog, Writing for New Media. Spring 2010

Go to Project 1, an informational website on Paid Time Off in the U.S.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Twelve


Although there have been some reviews so far that this film is terrible, I think it deserves an upgrade to "OK". However, if you girls out there love Chase Crawford and/or Gossip Girl, this will be a fantastic film. Even though the story comes from a novel, it seems very similar to the GG series (but way more intense). Similarities:
Chase Crawford
Upper East Side Manhattan
Drugs
Troubled rich teenagers
Sex
Narration

Hate to admit it, but somehow I got dragged into watching Gossip Girl. So although this flick didn't seem original to me, I liked it because it was a very dressed up and more suspense building version of a GG episode with very good production quality.
I saw this movie at Sundance so I don't know if it is available to watch anywhere at the moment, but I'm sure somewhere down the road it will pop up somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment